Thursday, April 18, 2013

Sad News

Yesterday evening I was informed by MiniOwner that Tess, the mini that was due to foal out on April 25th, gave birth to a stillborn (aka born dead) foal. He was a grulla colt, and he must've been dead for some time because his hind legs were starting to mummify up (technically known as rigor mortis).

This hit me hard last night, especially after I started thinking about it more. I was really looking forward to doing the foal watch on her, and foaling time, to me, is the best part of being around horses EVER. It especially hurt because a couple weeks ago when I had time to groom on Tess, I was able to feel her belly for a couple minutes and feel the foal kicking. :( So sad that he's gone.

Anyway, hopefully that'll be the first and last stillborn foal that Tess has. We're gonna breed her back to Buster (her "husband") again this year, and hope for a colored filly next year.

II Thessalonians 3:16
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all.

Hopefully this news didn't interrupt any currents of happiness, but if it did, hopefully the above verse will help reverse that.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment