Tuesday, April 23, 2013

More Drawing

So, since my last drawing post, I've been drawing a bit more. I don't have pictures of all the sketches and stuff I've drawn since then, and I'm not planning on showing them all to you; mostly because not all are that great. :P

However, I did spend a couple hours working on this horse head sketch!

Drawing of horse head
Now believe me, it started out absolutely horrid. It hardly looked like a horse! *thanks God for things so awesome as erasers!* Anyway, it's kinda Arab-y looking, but not too much. Just a little bit. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. The neck is curved and not too wide like on most my drawn horses, the jowl is clean and smooth, and the eye looks at least somewhat realistic!

I think that if I could re-do this, though (which, I could, but I'm not going to!), I would fix the forelock. It's not bad, and I like the near side (horsey term for left side) of it, but on the right side it could be shaped a bit different to make the head beneath look more realistic and not flat or rounded. *shrugs*

Either way, there that is. I copied that on our copier, and then colored it in for fun. I don't have an image of the finished coloring (yet!), but here's one that I took along the way. :)

Horse drawing somewhat colored in

No comments:

Post a Comment