Thursday, April 11, 2013

Showing Season is Almost Here!

The first show we'll be attending with the minis is April 20, only nine days away!

I'll be showing Angel again, and I'm pretty excited. I have a year of experience under my boots, and Angel knows how stuff works as well. I'm not sure how we'll do at showmanship this time; it'll be the third time I've done it, but it sounds pretty complex! However, Angel should do awesome at halter and trail, and I wouldn't be surprised if she placed in adolescent lunge line either.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it, and I hope Angel is too! Showing means waking up at 6:15 or earlier (once it was 4:30), freezing as we get the halters on the minis, tie them in the trailer, and feed the other horses, talking with our coffees handy on the way to the show when it's only starting to get light, and then being busy with no spare time to relax.

This first show is at a nearby-ish outdoor arena that most of the shows are at. Angel and I will be going in a couple trails, halter, halter championship (I can scratch that if we don't make it though), one class of lunge line, showmanship, and showmanship championship (again, very scratchable).

Anyway, thought I'd let you know. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment