Friday, April 26, 2013

It's Now Official

I've been bitten by a horse!

Didn't hurt too much, but at least I can say it (and actually mean a real bite, not just a nip) now. :P

It happened on my walk, which actually turned out to be pretty eventful. A short while after I turned around to head back, there was this adorable little Sheltie type dog that trotted (not sure what they call it in the canine world, so this'll have to do) out onto the road and kept going. At first I just let him go, and then was like, "Hey! Let's go catch up to him and see if his collar has his owner's information on it so I might be able to contact them."

Well, didn't turn out quite that way! The dog just kept trotting on; obviously he had lots more energy than I did! He slowed down once we got to the stables, and stopped every now and then, but would not let me get close to him. I'm not exactly sure why, I can only guess that his owners weren't the nicest. :(

And then he decided to try something I told him not to do - run into one of the horse pens. Of course, all three of the horses got to chasing him, and it's amazing he wasn't hurt. I then decided to just sit down and see if he'd come up to me. He didn't.

He then proceeded to trot up the road again. I just let him go, figuring I couldn't do much to stop him, and was petting on Rosy's heads, with my back to Legacy who was standing besides Rosy. Well, Legacy didn't like it that I was giving Rosy my attention, so she commenced to bite my back. It didn't hurt much, and it wasn't a huge bite, but it wasn't exactly a "nip" either. I got after her about it, and hopefully she won't try that again. :P

So, that's all the horsey news for now. Hopefully I can write a post about the Friesian breed when I have time. :)

Have an awesome day all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment