Thursday, March 21, 2013

Promise

I now can write about the horse I have. :)

Her name is Promise (full name is AngelsPaintedPromise), and she is a double-cream-dilute tobiano Paint horse. Her lineage is mainly QH (Quarter Horse) and Paint, but there's also some TB (Thoroughbred) in there. In fact, I found Man o' War in her pedigree seven lines back.

Now, her papers say that she is a cremello. Unfortunately, she could also very likely be a perlino. Her sire is a smoky black tobiano (the papers say black, but that's impossible), and might carry the Extension gene. As far as her dam...*sighs* I have no clue what color she is, so unless MiniOwner can figure it out, I'm at a loss.

Which, at that point, means that I just have to guess if Promise is a cremello, perlino, or smoky cream. All three colors are very similar; cremello is two copies of cream on a chestnut, perlino is two copies of cream on a bay or brown, and smoky cream is two copies of cream on a black. Both perlinos and smoky creams are usually slightly darker, and sometimes have darker points. Cremello is usually just very light, and a very flat (or even) shade all over. I guess I'll have to wait until we can get Promise cleaned up to tell.

She's either ee/CCRCCR/ToTTo+, Aa/CCRCCR/ToTTo+, or aa/CCRCCR/ToTTo+. Anyway, enough with that horridly boring stuff (that actually isn't very boring). :P

EDIT: Once we get her a bit more cleaned up, hopefully I'll be able to tell the base color. Right now I'm thinking cremello is right, but we'll see. :)

So, Promise is a registered Paint mare, and she's about 15.2hh or so. She doesn't seem that tall to me, but probably because 1) she is a tad bit skinny, and 2) when I'm leading her she drops her head very nicely. She seems to have pretty nice conformation, but I'm not really planning on showing her much. I more will just want to have a horse to trail ride on. You know, the more relaxed stuff. (:

Anyway, here's the moment you've all been waiting for! Or, maybe. *shrugs* Either way, here's a picture. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment