Saturday, March 16, 2013

Tack Swap and Reggie

So! I know something happened today, but that can wait till later! Please just be patient. :)

This morning was the tack swap, and it was a lot of fun! I was awakened by the friendly alarm clock at 5:15, and was picked up an hour or so afterwards. Due to paying the $20-per-person fee for early tickets, we got in at 7 A.M., instead of 8. As only 100 people were allowed in early, and this was held at the tack swap, there was plenty of space for us to move around and find what we wanted.

I brought about $36, and pretty much spent it all on a pair of nice, black, leather show boots. Pictures will be coming sometime! I also got a very nice tough-cloth zip-shut bag travel bag for my show clothes. However, MiniOwner was really nice and offered to buy it for me, so I let her. :3

We were at the tack swap the majority of the day (from about 6:50 to noon?), just kinda wandering around. My parents wanted me to look for a bareback pad and also some helmets (which turns out we didn't need anyway :P), and I found a nice bareback pad for $35. It has a kind of rubber-y stuff on the bottom of it, and it's quite cool (even though it does look kinda 90's...).

After that, HorseFriend (my horsey friend that's my age), MiniOwner, MiniOwner'sMom, and I all crammed back into the silver 3/4 ton pickup and headed back to the barn. For the first hour or so we picked stalls, ate lunch, and watched horse lessons. After that, HorseFriend and I got the colts we're training.

HorseFriend is working on training Ruger, and for me, I get to work on Reggie! Which...well, after you lead him with the lead rope around his rump to the cross-ties he's pretty good, but I don't especially like exercising him. He's really rowdy, and I really don't have what it takes to bring him outside. More than once he tried to run away with me, and I was hopping around, trying to plant myself into the ground and keep him from pulling me any more. *sighs* It didn't go too well. (And yes, he is a mini, but a

However, I will say that when he's tied, he's a little sweetie. I was brushing him all over, sometimes slightly yanking on mud clods that were stuck to his hair, and he didn't seem to mind it at all. :) Also, when I picked his hooves, he was super good about it. :D

Anyway, *yawns* long day, but it was still a good one. More news is coming later, so just hold out till then. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment