Monday, March 25, 2013

Billy the QH Stud

Billy is the red dun palomino (EeEe/CCRC+/Dn+) that MiniOwner and MiniOwner'sMom own. He's turning 23 this April Fools' Day, but he doesn't look that old. :)

He hasn't been ridden for years, but it sounds like his owners may start riding him again this year. And if he doesn't like it, he'll just have to get past that. I guess he used to buck some, but it definitely seems that with being ridden enough, that can be trained out of him.

Anyway, he's a really good boy, even around small children. Awhile ago when I was feeding him I started petting him because he was shedding like crazy. MiniOwner handed me a shedding blade and continued feeding, leaving me there with him with the door into the upper barn (Billy is kept in a pen outside the barn) wide open. Billy just continued eating, didn't mind me at all, and most certainly didn't try to get into the barn (even though, yes, there were mares in there).

He definitely knows what's what. When I'm feeding the horses in the upper barn, I can open the door to his pen and do whatever I need to do before feeding him; and he'll just wait there. It is seriously SO cool. :) So cool that I even got a picture of him doing it!

I love his steel dust jowls. :)
Anyway, here are a couple more pictures of him from last summer. I think the latter one is a bit more color-accurate; Billy seriously is a vibrant sheen of red-gold.

In this shot you can see the door to the barn, that's the same door as in the first picture.

He likes his hay. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment