Thursday, March 28, 2013

Some Time with Nolia

Yesterday evening the weather was absolutely lovely, so I went on a long walk. On the way back, I saw Nolia standing right next to the field fence and decided to go hang out with her for a bit.

Usually she'll let me hand-groom on her for a little time, but then she'll wander off unless I give her some grass. However, yesterday she stood still for more than half an hour - just letting me pet on her. I don't generally spend so much time grooming on the field horses, but she was shedding out a lot. Not quite so much as Toy was shedding, though.

So yeah, I just found it really awesome. She stood still for each side (I was both surprised and happy that I was able to make her turn around with simply a handful of grass!), and didn't pretend to spook from cars or anything. 

For five or ten minutes Nolia was facing me, and I was able to scratch under her mane. She absolutely loved this, and started rubbing her upper lip back and forth on the arm of my blue hoodie. ^_^ It was really, really cool, and she didn't once offer to use her teeth! Angel will sometimes do this if I'm close enough to her whilst grooming, but I hadn't known Nolia did nibble rub (what else could I call it?) grooming on people too.

Anyway, I just thought it was pretty awesome. I know that Nolia can and will be wild sometimes (you should probably be wary of her when walking through the field whilst feeding), but she was superbly calm and trusting yesterday. :)

~ IZ

P.S. - Sometime today if I have time, I'll sketch out a stable map for you, and hopefully it'll reduce confusion. :)

1 comment: