Friday, July 5, 2013

A Plug for 'Color Genetics'

Color Genetics is a website for learning basic coat color genetics that may be applied to any species (horse, cat, and so on). It may be found here: http://colorgenetics.info/

I have yet to venture into the non-equine species topics, and hope to do so in the future. Until then I shall satisfy myself with the amazing horse color knowledge. Not only are there articles on varying topics relating to genetics, but also forums to answer questions, and image galleries.

For a mere hint of this CG's awesomeness, here are some pages you can check out.

"White Patterns in Horses" article, very good and informative.
How the people in the forums figured out Angel's dam's color.
Last yet not least, the Equine Gallery page. This is epic.

There's a lot more than that, but you'll have to go check it out for yourself. When I have a genetics question that lacks an answer, this is where I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment