Monday, July 8, 2013

Shy: A Drawing

Last night I was bored and decided to get some drawing done. I had already filled a notebook page with junk sketches and a new page with a horse's body when my imagination pictured a horse's head as if it was already there. I traced what there was of the imaginary outline, and got this.


Horse drawing
Sri (don't ask where the name came from, it's random)
Not the best, no. The body could have been made a LOT better, but after finishing the head, I got too distracted with that. From there, I traced the head/neck to make V1: Shy.

V1: Shy, Arab horse head drawing done in pencil
V1: Shy
If I really gather my guts, I could probably add a nice mane. I don't think I will, though, because 1) I'm happy with it as is, and 2) I don't want to ruin it. I did want to have some fun with it though, so I made a copy and then shaded it in to create V2: Shy.

Shy - pencil drawing of Arabian horse head
V2: Shy

I really like this one. Especially the eye - it makes the rest look a bit more real than it is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment