Tuesday, July 16, 2013

What's Going on at the Stables

Today was good! Usually I just pick out stalls, water, and help feed (it's been too hot lately to work Angel). In contrast, today lots of other things happened!

My time at the stables started by handling Love (a bay Arab) as MiniOwner applied Betadine on him. I don't really know quite what happened to him, but somehow he scraped some skin off him in places. It wasn't anything horrid, and treating it was simple. We filled a small bucket half-full with water, put in some Betadine, and then gently scrubbed it in using clean paper towels. Then we followed that up with using antibiotic spray.

After that, we bathed Tamale (or, Molly)! She's been at the stables for some time now, and will be staying till she's bred to Fire. Her coat was dull-looking and flies had been bothering her, so we commenced with the bathing.

She was actually very good about it, and stood there as MiniOwner and I scrubbed shampoo on her after hosing her down. It took a good 45 minutes, and she looks gorgeous now. :)

I wasn't expecting this (even though it didn't nearly reach 100 degrees), but I was told it wasn't too hot to work Angel. Yay! I didn't lunge her very long, for the lunge lines were over at Other Barn. Regardless, she had a lot of energy and was happy to be exercised.

Following that, I had the opportunity to groom up Buster! As grooming on any horse is, that was awesome.

Then I helped feed a bit. 'Twas a good day. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment