Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Adding More Time to Angel's Log

Actually, I don't really have a logbook of how long I work Angel, but I did work her for more than an hour today! It was really fun.

Haltering her was a girth (fine, cinch :P) as always, and she was really good today about not moving around while I'm cleaning her hooves. I start with her left hooves, and usually when I walk behind her to do the right hooves, she shifts her hind end away from me three steps or so. This time Angel didn't do it; yay!

Generally, I lunge Angel and walk her around a bit (maybe work on some basic trail concepts), but that's all. Today was a bit different in that respect as well! I hunt around for the lunge lines and lunge whip for a bit, but alas, no luck. For a bit I lunged Angel with the lead rope, but only at the walk and trot. However, for not having a lunge whip to cue her as well as usual, she did great! I am very pleased with her. :)

Well, I didn't lunge her for very long, what should we do now? I decided to work on turning, trotting, backing, sidepassing, and trotting figure-eight shapes around poles! It was so much fun. ^_^

Mostly I was leading her around at the trot, and just having fun with it (giving us both plenty of exercise). As we were trotting around, I would work on turning her to the right; something that can always be worked on. Anyway, it had been awhile since I had actually ran/run(?) with her, so it was great fun! A couple times she even broke into a canter. XD

We also worked on backing and sidepassing. Angel has never really had a problem with backing, and didn't today either. Sidepassing? She did a lot better than usual! /me is very happy with Angel's results for today

Anyway, there's a show the last weekend of this month, so that's exciting. I might see about dragging a photographer along with me too; if you're lucky then you'll have a 5% chance of seeing pictures. ;)

Time for bed now. Night, God bless. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment