Monday, August 12, 2013

IEBHA Horse Show

The IEBHA horse show was last Friday, and it went quite well!

It was dual-judged, which means there were two judges from which you get placed, but also means each class is about twice as expensive. Angel and I went in six classes: Adolescent Lungeline, Non-Stock Type Halter, Miniature Mare Halter, Adolescent Trail, Open Trail, and Miniature Obstacle (which is also trail).

In the lungeline class Angel did pretty well, and placed two seconds of three horses. In the two halter classes she didn't do that great - she wouldn't stand still for me and kept fidgeting. So, she has room for improvement there. :)

In the trail classes she did quite well, and got a fair amount of thirds, firsts, and seconds. I really cannot remember which ribbons she got from which class - I just know I got two firsts, four seconds, and four thirds.

Overall I'm quite happy with how it went. Here are some pictures. :)

Trail course in-hand pattern for 2013 IEBHA horse show.
The trail course for all three of the classes Angel and I did.
American Miniature Horse with handler showing in a trail course
Waiting for our turn to go at the trail course.
American Miniature Horse going over cavalletti poles at horse show trail class
Yay! Over a few of the cavalletti poles she was jumping (not the best, really), but she did it right on this one. :)
American Miniature Horse turning to the right in a trail course class
This step was turning the horse 360ยบ to the right. Angel was doing it pretty good when this shot was taken, but getting her to properly turn on her hindquarters is something we should work on!
Angel Eyes, a bay pinto Miniature Horse with handler at a show
Aww, tired little Angel.
Angel Eyes, bay pinto American Miniature Horse
Of course it isn't till after the classes are over that she actually stands still and doesn't fidget after being squared up. But that's okay - I guess she's just photogenic. :)
Angel Eyes, a bay pinto Miniature Horse mare standing squared for pictures!
No, she's not crying. She has a bit of a sinus infection though, and that's what is causing the eyes to be a bit drippy.
Angel Eyes the Miniature Horse wearing a cowboy hat
Okay, I love having Angel sport my hat! (And the reason you guys are privileged to not see the handler in this one is because her hair was a horrid mess. Believe me, I saw it.)
Bay pinto American Miniature horse wearing my cowboy hat :)
Because Angel is just epic like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment